From: "Mike Blumenkrantz"<m...@zentific.com>
To: enlightenment-...@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: 11-08-05(금) 20:54:58
Subject: Re: [E-devel] E SVN: raster IN trunk/elementary/src: bin lib
On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 04:15:04 -0700
"Enlightenment SVN" <no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:
> Log:
> factory.... working on it. but up and kicking. it's a little unhappy
> with the 102 million buttons i have in the scroller right now... when
> you scroll along, but... i'll work at it to make it work better.
>

> Author: raster
> Date: 2011-08-05 04:15:03 -0700 (Fri, 05 Aug 2011)
> New Revision: 62130
> Trac: http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/62130
>
> Added:
> trunk/elementary/src/bin/test_factory.c
> Modified:
> trunk/elementary/src/bin/Makefile.am trunk/elementary/src/bin/test.c
> trunk/elementary/src/lib/elm_factory.c
I'll admit that my actions upon seeing this commit were foolish. I should know
better than to test new widgets. But having seen raster working on this,
putting it through renames, rewrites, vacations, and so much more, I decided to
try it out. I opened up elm_test and, with growing anxiety, scrolled to the
test which read "Factory."
I clicked the entry. A new window opened up, one containing buttons. Hundreds
of buttons. Thousands! They were innumerable, as many as the grains of sand on
a beach. As I scrolled through them, the debug info staggered me, emitting at
such a rate as to become unreadable as it flew by.
I decided that as long as I was already entering the realm of fools and madmen
I would see how far I could go. I clicked the scrollbar on the side of the test
window. Taking a deep breath, I gripped my mouse tightly and then began to
drag. I dragged that tiny slider for what must have been milliseconds, seconds!
The debug info, which had continued spewing forth at its impossible rate, was
now quickly becoming a hazard. It was forcing my terminal to scroll faster than
terminals were meant to scroll, my X to redraw faster than it was able.
Without warning, my window border started to glow red - the signal of a hanging
application. I did what any crash-fearing man would do: I panicked. My
interface was becoming sluggish and unstable as I raced my mouse cursor towards
the terminal. I only prayed that I would make it in time.
I clicked on the terminal. Nothing happened. I clicked again. Still nothing. I
began clicking frantically, using 20 years of experience clicking mouse buttons
in the attempt to return focus to the terminal window. Finally, after three
hundred forty-seven clicks, the text cursor solidified. I had regained focus in
the terminal.
I knew that at this point, my only hope of salvation was to stop the process. I
depressed the left control key on my keyboard. A bead of sweat ran down my brow
as I reached for the C key. Would I be in time?
I hit the key combination and waited, my heart hammering in my chest. The
frenetic scrolling continued, then slowed. At last it halted completely.
Just then, my phone rang; it was my mother. I answered, and she asked how
things were going. I told her of my ordeals, and she got scared. She said
"You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!"
I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it
had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I
thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo, holmes to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house
about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo homes smell ya later!" Looked at
my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.
--
Mike Blumenkrantz
Zentific: Coding in binary since '10.