On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Sebastian Dransfeld <s...@tango.flipp.net>
wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 02:12 PM, Cedric BAIL wrote:
>>     With that commit, it is now required that E17 wait for Efreet to
>> spawn a process before starting. Couldn't it be possible to just check
>> if we have a cache, start with it and later handle the event if
>> something did change ? And why can't we start with an empty cache ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Because of to many complaints about startup applications which do not start.
>
> We could delay startup applications until the cache is built, but
> startup applications should startup before the desktop shows, or?

Checking if the cache is available, before blocking, is a first in my
opinion. If it's not available, we could then launch startup
application once the signal is received. There is still maybe some
possibilties for some race condition here, when the cache is not up to
date and an update is needed to make startup application work. Need to
think more about that stuff and how the cache work.
--
Cedric BAIL