Guys, particularly Tasn, could you please check the following EDC,
it's not working as you can see on your own (try with edje_player):

collections {
   group { name: "main";
      parts {
         part { name: "text";
            type: TEXT;
            description { state: "default" 0.0;
               text {
                  font: "Sans";
                  size: 72;
                  text: "contents";
                  fit: 0 1;
                  min: 1 0;
               }
            }
         }
      }
   }
}

as you see it tries to fit the font on height (fit: 0 1) and asks the
text to define the part's minimum size (min: 1 0) using that font.
This is a common usage pattern and I was using it to create
"width-for-height" in clock when I noticed this bug.

I'll investigate it myself, but if someone that knows the code could
check. Likely it's applying ellipsis while it shouldn't.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems