On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <
barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Youness Alaoui
> <kakar...@kakaroto.homelinux.net> wrote:
> > Ok, so ecore_evas_visible_set and ecore_evas_visible_get?
>
> it's about cursors. So ecore_evas_cursor_visible...

lol, oups, of course, I meant ecore_evas_cursor_visible_set/get :)

> > As for the return value, I was thinking of using it for apps that would
> > require a cursor but it can't be shown (like for example on phones that
> > wouldn't support having a cursor at all), then the app would need to know
> > and draw one itself.
> > Doing the trick in ecore-evas directly is a good idea, but if there's an
> > engine that doesn't support changing the cursor's bitmap for example
> (think
> > about framebuffer for example, no cursor support I suppose?), so
> returning
> > FALSE to the set would be a good way to say that we can't do any tricks,
> and
> > then visible_get would tell it if the engine does show a cursor (no
> cursor,
> > can't fake one, do it yourself, has a cursor, can't change it to
> > transparent, change your UI accordingly).
> > You probably have more insight on this than me though, so let me know
> what
> > you think.
>
> Ecore_Evas should do this. AFAIR we do that in fb engine... or we
> could do. Just create an Evas_Object* with desired cursor and enjoy.

Ok, if ecore_evas already has support for it (for fb) where it just draws a
cursor object on top of the screen, then it should make it easy, and in
which case, I guess we might not need a return value.  I can only see the
use case of an engine that has a cursor on screen with no way of changing
the cursor's bitmap and no way to disable it, but it's such a rare case (if
it even exists) that I suppose most people would just ignore that return
value anyways.

> Raster, what do you think?

And what do others think too?
Gustavo convinced me enough so I'm good either way. Do you think it's worth
adding a boolean return value or it's not worth it ?