On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 14:35:59 +0200 Tom Hacohen
<tom.haco...@partner.samsung.com> said:

> Hey guys,
>
> In commit 63771 I added support for adding additional data to edje
> signals, and in commit 63773 I added additional info to
> entry,changed,user which allows users of the API to implement undo/redo
> nicely.
>
> It should work just fine for "simple" entries but there's still one
> issue I'm aware of with entries that have formats (redo will miss the
> format in some cases).
>
> I went with the regular edje way and did it with signals. To be honest,
> I don't like the "delayed" invocation that much, I prefer the smart
> callbacks instant call behaviour.
>
> I just want to hear what you think about what's done there ATM and also,
> if you have better ideas. I'd like to hear your thoughts about both the
> method of passing additional info with signals (may have other uses as
> well) and about the implementation of the change info.

well here's my take.

signals are a generic abstract way to talk with edje. it literally allows edje
to even have the whole engine run in another process/thread and handle signals
off there. the design allows it so in future we could take advantage of that.
but this create complications - like anything (x is a good example as its also
async). you could ADD smart callbacks for the edje signals and transition to
use those instead within elm_entry. i think this is probably ok.