On Thursday, 13 October 2011, at 15:26:56 (+0200),
Tomas Cech wrote:

> I think we'll remove RHEL 4, 5, 6 since builds doesn't work (there
> might be legal problems to make it working) and because CentOS is
> binary compatibile with RHEL. CentOS 5 seems to be too old for E17,
> feel free to play with that if you want, but I don't think it's worth
> of time.

The spec files I maintain (in SVN) build just fine on RHEL5/CentOS 5;
they were used to build the packages for RHEL5 and RHEL6 we post on
our web site.

I haven't tried building in awhile, but I haven't seen any changes go
by that worried me.  Perhaps I missed something...

> RHEL4 will probably have later some issues as CentOS 5.

RHEL4 should be eliminated as a target.  We terminated support for
that awhile back.

> That is CentOS 5. We could backport lua to this project to fix this
> issue, but it has low priority.

The repository on enlightenment.org has the lua packages required for
RHEL5 already posted (and tested).

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <m...@kainx.org>