From: "ChunEon Park"<her...@naver.com>
To: "Enlightenment develo"<enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: 11-10-13(목) 22:39:08
Subject: Re: [E-devel][Patch] Implement scale down decoding feature of bmp
loader
oops-
Sorry :p
------------------------------------
Let's run together for the best moment!
 -Regards, Hermet-

-----Original Message-----
From: "Carsten Haitzler"<ras...@rasterman.com>
To: "Enlightenment developer
list"<enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: 11-10-13(목) 16:30:00
loader
On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 21:37:02 +0900 Jiyoun Park <jy0703.p...@samsung.com>
said:
got a few whitespace issues like:
+ if(ie->load_opts.scale_down_by > 1)
and:
+ if (scale_ratio == 1)
+ {
 if (fread(buffer, image_size, 1, f) != 1) goto close_file;
+ }
+ else
you could simplify the code a fair bit. too. for example:
 if (scale_ratio > 1)
 p += 2 * scale_ratio;
 else
 p += 2;
could be just
 p += 2 * scale_ratio;
you could even avoid the multiply with pre-calculating the step count:
int step;
step = 2; // for 16bpp, 3 for 24bpp, 4 for 32bpp etc.
step *= scale_ratio;
also you don't handle less than 16bpp bmps... which should really be done given
your argument that scaling down bmp is important. after some more looking i
realize it's a bit nasty to try and make the downscale and rowskip more generic
so it kind of has to be inlined. is it possible to reduce the if () cases more
to have fewer special-case code inlined? i guess not if u want to row skip via
seeks...
so
1. spacing
2. you can reduce if cases to make the changes simpler
3. depths less than 16bpp need support. :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler) ras...@rasterman.com