Hi,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Kim Yunhan <spb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, elm_map requests all visible map image tile to map server at the
> same time.
> If the scene is turned off while panning or zooming, it will be aborted on
> HTTP requests.
> But it already sent to map server, and it already made useless HTTP
> connections.
> So if you pan scrolling quickly, elm_map try to download and abort too many
> HTTP
> connections repeatedly.
>
> If you have stable and high-throughput data connection, it doesn't matter
> on your side.
> However map server will get high load, It is sufficient reason to block
> you.
> In another case, if you have poor data connection such as 3G connection, it
> has less
> throughput and it causes delay of downloading. And finally, the device is
> as full as
> HTTP connections even you already aborted. It makes low-performance issue on
> your device.
>
> I wrote a patch for solving this situation.
> The idea is simple.
>
> 1. I limited number of maximum HTTP request on elm_map side.
> 2. If maximum HTTP request is exceed, keep requests on Eina_List.
> 3. If each image downloading is completed, try to download recent request.
>   (Because it has strong possibility for your screen)
> 4. At the same time, invisible request will be removed.
>   (It doesn't make HTTP connection yet)
>
> I tested many times on my desktop and device.
> It works for me. And elm_map's performance is improved appreciably on 3G
> connections.
>
> Please review this patch.

I like the overall idea of this patch. It's simple, the patch is clean
and easy to understand, so I have nothing about pushing it in svn.
  I have still a few question, did you investigate if it was possible
with curl to limit the number of simultaneous request to the server
and reuse the same connection ? If that's possible, it would be nice
to enable that at ecore_con_url level. If not, maybe it make sense to
implement the idea in ecore_con_url directly for EFL 1.2.
--
Cedric BAIL