Many have asked over IRC so I'll explain a bit more about the nature of
the issue here:

For unknown reasons, the user/passwd file of trac got cleared, there
were only a few accounts there (people that registered in the last
couple of days).

On the other hand, the db with all the permissions/configurations
remained intact. I didn't want people to be able to register an admin
account, and thus get admin permissions (yes it's possible), so I
revoked all the permissions and they will be added back manually per
account.

Some of the people (those that had mail configured before) that register
get:
IntegrityError: (1062, "Duplicate entry 'USER-0-name' for key 1")

The reason for that is that the db is intact and all the email and
configurations associated with the users were kept (as stated above).

Don't mind this error, just go ahead and login and everything should be
fine.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Although what discomfitor implies in IRC, it's not me who viciously
deleted the trac user/password file.

--
Tom.