On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 21:46, Christopher Michael
<cpmicha...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 11/05/11 16:22, Boris Faure wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 20:34, Christopher Michael
>> <cpmicha...@comcast.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> What is the reasoning for this ?? Makes little sense to me to send a
>>> hide event for a border that is not visible (ie: not visible on screen
>>> or already hidden). If the border is not visible on the screen (or
>>> already hidden), then why send a hide event ??
>>
>> I'm using that event in e-tiling to know when a window disappears.
>> Maybe this is not the correct event to do that.
>>

> Well, that would be the correct event (E_EVENT_BORDER_HIDE)...but what I
> don't get is why you are resending the E_EVENT_BORDER_HIDE there.
>
> 1) e_border_hide function gets called and 'hides' the border (also sets
> border->visible to false). This sends out the E_EVENT_BORDER_HIDE when done.
ok

> 2) e_border_hide function gets called again and if it's not visible (ie:
> e_border_hide was already called previously), you send the event
> again....WHY ??
How is it called again?

e_border_hide() is called on many places but not from an handler of
E_EVENT_BORDER_HIDE from what I've seen. It's called from
ECORE_X_EVENT_WINDOW_HIDE, ECORE_X_EVENT_WINDOW_DESTROY and
ECORE_X_EVENT_WINDOW_REPARENT and maybe others.

--
Boris Faure