On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:39:48 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've pointed out before, my embedded project has to pass government
> audit labs.  The less they have to audit the better.  I don't NEED
> pthreads, so I'd prefer to not have to actually compile stuff with it
> or have it around.  Slowly but surely I'm removing everything that is
> not actually needed from this project.

Actually, I forgot to mention, it's actually in the legislation for
some of the jurisdictions the client wants to get this embedded device
into that there is NOTHING on the device that is not involved with it's
function as a device of that type.  So if I'm not using pthreads in my
app, and nothing else that is required for the OS to operate is using
pthreads, then it's not allowed to be there.  By law.

Yes, I'm well aware that some things are just gonna be in the OS as
excess baggage.  Things that will be very hard to strip out.  Same goes
for every other OS being used for this class of devices.  We just have
to live with it.  At least I got a bit more choice than the Windows
developers.

I'm happy to cut out stuff I don't use anyway.  B-)