On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:27:16 -0800 "Enlightenment SVN"
<no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:

> Log:
> You might call this an API break, but it's a bug fix.
>
>   The very original lua code from waaaay back when,
>   would create the various timer objects as members of the evas
> class, which would mean you could call evas functions on the timer
> objects.
>   Not good.
>
>   Now they have their own classes.
>
>   However, you still have to create them by calling functions in the
>   edje class, there should probably be an ecore class for that
> instead.

This is not really an API break, as the API was already broken.
Returning a timer object as an evas object was just wrong.

This is all the stuff from a long time ago, when raster whipped up some
stuff to show the way.

The other problem is a big one - half the functions in the edje class
are really ecore or evas functions, they should have their own ecore
class, or move to the evas class. This IS a major API break though.

edje:echo() probably should not even exist.

edje:date() is actually a C function.

edje:looptime(), edje:seconds(), edje:animator(), edje:timer(), and
edje:transition() are all ecore functions.

edje:image(), edje:line(), edje:map(), edje:polygon(), edje:rect(), and
edje:text() are all evas functions.  All but rect are my fault, I just
copied rect.

Sooo, shall we bite the bullet and break the API to put these functions
in the proper classes?  Get in early before people start using it?

This is what happens when I'm rushed.  :-P