On 21/11/11 16:04, cnook wrote:
> Dear Mr. Tom,
>
> The issue comes again with different example.
> So I have attached previous patch for resolving. (Actually I have made
> from the latest version)

Dear Shinwoo,

As I said in a previous email to the list, a compilable example or an
edje I can run with edje_player would be very appreciated. I currently
can't reproduce the issue and thus I can't even check you solution works
(I trust you that it works, but still...), nor can I verify the problem.

As for your patch:

c->w will be smaller than c->wmax in A LOT of cases, that's actually
intentional, setting c->wmax to c->w makes no sense in textblock, as
it'll break a lot of code.

c->wmax is used to determine the actual *used* width, and c->w is the
width of the textblock object.

So for example, if we have a textblock with a size of 300x300 and
assuming the string "a" * 100 (100 'a's in a row) have a width of 1000
and that the textblock contains that string:
c->w = 300;
c->wmax = 1000;

Making edje know that 300 is just not enough to show this string. That's
how the min size calculation actually works.

You can try adding "fixed: 1 1;" to the textblock part if you wish to
implement your behaviour, that's exactly what it does.

With that being said, there might be a bug there, as your condition
should always be false in that place (or at least in the cases that
matter), and for that, I need the example I asked for. :)

--
Tom.