ok - this 10 gazillion separate libraries is just not managable. we are going
to make a single build and source tree for efl. that means core efl. that means
1 configure script for all. 1 base makefile tree. something like:

efl
efl/src
efl/src/evas/...
efl/src/eina/...
efl/src/edje/...

we will still produce multiple shared libs, but under 1 build tree. 1 source
tarball for it all. 1 configure script. 1 efl version. 1 doc tree. this will
cover core efl. right now that means:

eina eet evas ecore embryo edje eeze efreet e_dbus evas_generic_loaders (evil -
only compiled if on win32/ce)

later elementary will get added (eio, emotion too).

this move won't happen immediately, so this is a warning to EVERYONE WITH
PENDING PATCHES AND SOURCE TREES DEPENDING ON OUR SVN HIERARCHY (e.g. people
with git clones of specific libraries)... your patches are about to get broken
badly and your git trees made ineffectual when it comes to merging in upstream
as we will totally redo our tree.

some people will not like this. sorry. reality is that world is totally
confused by EFL. we spend immense effort trying to educate the world where all
it sees is "efl" not "evas + edje + ecore +...". the fact is we do releases as
if it were a single efl. we may as well start doing it that way.

benefits:

1. massively reduced release workload.
2. massively better documentation as it now will be a single document for all
of efl nicely cross-referenced between each actual lib
3. guaranteed synchronized release so we don't have to fine-tune check the
"required versions of efl libs"
4. an actual release that resembles what the world thinks of us.
5. doesn't break any api or abi compatibility
6. a chance to start again with a simple single clean configure.ac and remove
many of the myriad of options in efl that just cause problems and have little
value
7. makes much more sense to have a single tree when using something like git as
we either would have a single cit repo that just copies svn (possible but not
really using git properly) or we split into things like 1 git for e17, one for
core efl, one for "misc" etc. and so merging into a single efl tree makes sense
if we ever move to using git.