On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Michael Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> probably worth re-evaluating

You mean that it is just a wrapper around edje_object_signal api?

If so, I guess that it's only to avoid doing elm_layout_edje_get()
then edje_object_signal_* on this edje. However, you have no way to do
that on other widgets that are not the layout, since you don't have
access to their edje's.

I think that I didn't have to use this yet, but I can see a scenario
where you have a custom theme for a widget (button, slider, etc) and
you want to send a custom signal to that theme. Isn't it useful for
this?

--
Rafael Antognolli
ProFUSION embedded systems