On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 00:40:33 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:24:28 +0200 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM, David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Oops, when we added EET_DATA_DESCRIPTOR_ADD_BASIC_ARRAY, we should
> > > have added a EET_DATA_DESCRIPTOR_ADD_BASIC_VAR_ARRAY version as
> > > well.
> > >
> > > If I remember, I did that.
> >
> > I am not sure we handle in eet code more than a VAR_ARRAY_STRING,
> > but I may be wrong.
>
> VAR_ARRAY handles sub types, but not basic types.  ARRAY handles sub
> types, but not basic types.  That's why BASIC_ARRAY was added, to be
> an array that handles basic types, but there was no addition of a
> VAR_ARRAY for basic types.
>
> > > Is it too late to add that API, or does it not count since it's a
> > > macro?
> >
> > If it's just a macro and all the code behind already work, then I am
> > fine. But I doubt it's the case.
>
> I wrote a macro after I sent that email, and It seems to be working
> fine. I'll test it more after I wake up.  Time to sleep.

Been a busy morning, mostly in a meeting with the client that's paying
for this project I'm working on that needs this.

I'll test out my new macro now, and commit it later today if all goes
well.  Unless someone points out that I can't commit a new macro during
an API freeze.  Cedric seems to think it's fine to do so.  It's just a
variation on the existing macros, wrapping the existing function that
all the similar macros wrap.  Fairly trivial in fact.