Yes, the tree graph will help use to understand.
> Thanks for the job anyway.
>
> > Hey,

Hey, there.

> > Thanks a lot for doing these reports/docs.
> >
> > The code reduction seems impressive, and just shows again that we have
> > delayed this change for too long. :) Will also reduce the number of API
> > I assume, and that's great.

Yeah, we'll get rid of the object hook setting functions, which are quite
numerous.

>  >
> > Regarding the image: I was thinking more of an inheritance graph of the
> > whole elm widgets, i.e:
> >
> >             Elm_Widget
> >             /        \
> > Elm_Container        Elm_Foo
> >       |                 |
> >    Elm_Box           Elm_Bar
> >   Elm_Button
> >
> > Just to understand the new inheritance design you chose, which in my
> > pov, is more important than the actual implementation details. The
> > inheritance design is "visible" to users of the API, while internal
> > implementation is not.
> >
> > Again, thanks a lot for all the info.

NP. We're actually thinking of getting some parsing script done eventually,
which will create a dot (graphviz) graph with the inheritance tree for us,
dinamically. I won't do a static version of this image right now because
I'm working on that tree very often, now. So, just wait, please :)

> > Is there anything in specific you want people to test/review? I.e you
> > want more detailed examination of the API or of the internals? Please
> > elaborate. I can't promise anything, but soon enough I'll have to jump
> > in and read as well, as some of my team's future work is related.

Reading through the API would be great. Secondly, testing all you
elm-dependent code with my patches too.

> > --
> > Tom.

I'll be pushing my changes to the SVN as soon as I finish some more testing
here. That would be by the end of this day, here (say, 7 hours? :)).

Best regards,

--
Gustavo Lima Chaves
Senior Developer