On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Michael Blumenkrantz
<michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have an e17 bug, reply to this mail or create a ticket for it on
> trac. This is the LAST call. Hint hint.

I still have a weird bug when using AMDs proprietary fglrx driver.
It very likely is just a driver bug, but everyone else seems to work
around it (or for whatever reason not affected), and there's just no
possibility to get it fixed upstream (because upstream doesn't give a
f***).

When e17s composite module is enabled, every Cairo window goes
"semi-translucent", meaning that every pixel drawn uses some alpha
channel and windows/backgrounds behind bleed through.
Putting a black background behind the window makes the problem
"disappear", because everything looks exactly as it should then.
I strongly assume that it only affects cairo, because all E stuff as
well as all Qt stuff is fine, while most Gtk stuff and Firefox aren't.
For Firefox this means not only the Gtk menu elements, but also the
rendered sites which should also be drawn by cairo.
Some examples of affected applications: Firefox, Gimp, LibreOffice,
Gvim, Wireshark
Not all elements of every applications are affected. Sometimes white
planes stay non-translucent, often menuelements/toolbars do. Generally
images seem not affected.

I'd be happy to provide more information or screenshots if requested.

~thomasg