> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 09:05:09 +0100
> From: Michael Blumenkrantz <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [E-devel] E17 BUG CALL Was (Re: enlightenment-devel
>        Digest, Vol 74, Issue 135)
> To: Enlightenment developer list
>        <enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Simon Lees <si...@simotek.net> wrote:
>

> > > Message: 2
> > > Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:06:47 +0100
> > > From: Michael Blumenkrantz <michael.blumenkra...@gmail.com>
> > > Subject: Re: [E-devel] enlightenment-devel Digest, Vol 74, Issue 133
> > > To: Enlightenment developer list
> > >        <enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

> > but

> > > however i
> > has
> > > flexibility
> > > fusion.
> > > does
> sticking
> > > something
> > > >

> > > Glad to hear it. Just to clarify, you're using E17? From SVN?
> > >
> > > Correct i tend to rebuild every couple of weeks or so.

> > at
> > > >

> > > How are you attempting to add the shelf?
> > >

> > Main Menu Desktops -> Shelves -> Add A Shelf, I think i also tried from
> the
> > Shelf Settings dialogue. I noticed you made some changes here so i will
> > check them out tomorrow night.

Still Issues here on Rev 72988. The shelf settings now only show the
shelves on the corresponding screen however i still have issues. If i open
the Shelf settings on all 3 screens, Display 0 (Center) show's no
Configured screens (Graphics Card 0) and has no shelfs, Screen 1 on the
Left has a Shelf on the bottom that the config shows fine the same with
Screen 2 both on the second Graphics Card.

When i press Add on shelf settings 0 all 3 of the configs go blank and the
shelf appears on the bottom right of screen 1,

If i reload the shelf settings for screen 1 i now see a configured shelf
bottom and a configured shelf bottom_right, and if i reload shelf settings
on screen 2 i just see bottom right.

If i then select shelf bottom right on screen 1 and press the delete
button. The bottom shelf on screen 2 is removed and the bottom right on
screen 1 is still there.  The settings on shelf 1 and shelf 2 now both show
Shelf Bottom and shelf bottom right.

>From screen 2 although i could see both shelves in the settings i could not
remove them or press the setup or contents button. So i pressed Add on
shelf 2 and got a shelf bottom right on that screen. Which i tried to
delete and it deleted the bottom shelf on screen 1.

I figured this was as good a place as any to stop trying to break it
further, however, no matter how many times i tried to add a shelf on screen
0 i got another shelf bottom right on screen 1 I added 5 or 6.

Once i stopped playing around and removed everything and was about to put
it back how it was i added a shelf from screen 1 and it went to bottom
right on screen 0 then i added one on screen 0 and it went to bottom right
on screen 1 then i added one on screen 2 and it stayed on screen 2.

So now i have a shelf on the bottom of each screen and i am happy. I
appreciate this may also be hard to debug and i may be special and unique
in having these issues so if it doesn't get fixed i wont mind.

> > > have

> into
> > end
> window
> > >

> > Any thoughts on this issue? I can see why it would happen but its also
> one
> > of the more annoying issues I face now that full screen windows behave
> > normally
> >

> Could not reproduce. The only case where this could occur would be if you
> have a fullscreen app which somehow grabs focus while you are executing the
> keybind; e's window moving action moves the currently focused window.

I can reproduce this on multiple machines and multiple revisions including
72988.
Open thunderbird on workspace 2 right click in its top bar then
window->maximise->fullscreen
Open Gnome Terminal (Or probably anything else).
double press a key binding assigned to Window : Moving to next desktop
Notice gnome terminal on workspace 2 and thunderbird on workspace .
I also often use Virtual Box and Qt Creator as the fullscreen window and
have the same issue.
i suspect that when you move a non fullscreen window to a workspace with a
full screen window the fullscreen window takes focus from the non
fullscreen window being moved and hence this issue. It does not happen with
2 fullscreen windows.

> > * One last issue that is probably more of a missing feature then a bug
> but
> > if it's easy and your working in the area maybe you could look at it
> > otherwise i will oneday. Currently i do most of my window management with
> > keyboard short cuts such as moving between desktops etc. I noticed there
> > are key bindings to move the mouse between screens but it would be great
> if
> > there was the ability to add key bindings to move windows between screens
> > if they exist i couldn't find them and i would appreciate someone showing
> > me where they are. I think the ability to easily customise key bindings
> is
> > once of the best features in Enlightenment.
> >

> Added.

On this computer with shelf issues it doesnt work that well Sometimes i can
move a window from screen 0 (center) to screen 2 (Right) using next but it
doesn’t always work and sometimes previous has the same behavior.

I am wondering if both this issue and the shelf issue is caused by my
screen layout being

According to shelf settings. The splash screen however is coming up on
screen 1 as is the warning about not having compositing i tried changing
the Primary monitor in my Xorg.conf file but it didn't make any difference.

Cheers,
Simon

http://simotek.net/teck