From: "Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri" <barbi...@profusion.mobi>
To: "Enlightenment developer list" <enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:13:02 PM
Subject: Re: [E-devel] E SVN: devilhorns trunk/evas/src/lib/canvas

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM, <cpmicha...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Enlightenment SVN
> <no-reply@...> wrote:
>> Log:
>> Evas: Merge evas_object_image changes from Tizen to upstream EFL.
>>

>> Author: devilhorns
>
>>dh, this patch touches highly sensible parts of evas. Next time you
>>integrate a commit as such, please split the
>>cosmetic/whitespace/reindent/rewrap into different patches than the
>>actual changes.
>
>>It was super annoying to review this, and maybe something passed
>>unnoticed because of this mess.
> Are you looking at a different commit here or something ? Because I just
> looked at this commit again, and I find nothing in there that is hard to read
> or annoying.
> If this commit annoyed you, I'm sorry. Perhaps I should just run every commit
> through you first to make sure you are not going to get annoyed by it ? I get
> annoyed by commits all the time, but you don't see me making mountains out of
> molehills.
> Anyone else feeling the need to jump on the bandwagon here ? If so, speak
> now. Getting a bit tired of all this nonsense so if you want to say
> something, now is the time so we can all get off our high horses and move
> forward.

Looking at the first part of the commit:

- o->engine_data =
obj->layer->evas->engine.func->image_data_get(obj->layer->evas->engine.data.output,

-
o->engine_data,
- 0,
- &data,
-
&o->load_error);
- return evas_object_image_data_convert_internal(o, data, to_cspace);
+ o->engine_data =
+
obj->layer->evas->engine.func->image_data_get(obj->layer->evas->engine.data.output,

+ o->engine_data, 0, &data,
+ &o->load_error);

this is pure cosmetic. But who knows? Needs to investigate because right after:

+ result = evas_object_image_data_convert_internal(o, data, to_cspace);
+ if (o->engine_data)
+ {
+ o->engine_data =
+
obj->layer->evas->engine.func->image_data_put(obj->layer->evas->engine.data.output,

+ o->engine_data, data);
+ }

which may impact something.

If it was clear that the first one was just cosmetic and split into
another patch, we could ignore it and just look at the relevant
changes.

And the relevant changes can still be viewed in the same patch above ... I am
not seeing the problem here. If you read the patch and see that something is a
cosmetic change, then just read over it and go "ok, that's a cosmetic change, I
can ignore that" and move on.

dh

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri