On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Leif Middelschulte
<leif.middelschu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> find attached a patch for terminology based on r73450 making it use
> the xresource background color if available and enabled in
> Terminology's settings.
>
> What can be improved:
> - Add xrdb abstraction to ecore_x (depends on Xlib right now)
> - Make clicking the radio button immediately trigger
> disabling/enabling the background color (needs restart atm)
>
> So, as you can see, it's not good enough for upstream yet.
>
> For those who don't like the shadow: Simple use the mild theme
> provided with Terminology ('-t=mild' switch)

I didn't look at the patch, but I'd say: keep away from Xresources...
it's ugly, legacy and confusing if you already have simple in-app
configuration.

it's just simpler to add the color selection inside terminology. We
even have a colorselector widget, it's almost zero-effort.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems