On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Ralph Sennhauser
<gentoo.s...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:08:55 +0200
> Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hey
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr>
>> wrote:
>> > Yop,

>> > I think 2 will be better as it doesn't conflict at all with the
>> > distribution without getting insane and building 10 dependencies
>> > inside.
>>
>> ok, so it seems that 2) is the best. faster compilation in addition.
>>

> Please have a configure option with-system-mupdf or similar for those
> distros which have mupdf in their repositories.

I concur.
There are distros that ship mupdf 1.0 for a while, as it has been
released months ago.
Pretty common would be to have --with-system-mupdf which, imho, should
be default.
Packagers for the distros without active support can disable this, so
they get the static version.

>> Btw, i'll drop support of poppler, too much work. Mupdf is fast and
>> lean, it's C. If it's missing features, i'll ask the devs to add them.
>>
>> Vincent

Off Topic: as "Envision" has apparently been merged with "Eyesight",
it probably should move from trunk/ to OLD/, shouldn't it?
At the very least both packages are conflicting while envision is
depending on eyesight, which basically means that separate envision is
broken as is.