On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:12:10 -0300 Leandro Dorileo <dori...@profusion.mobi>
said:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:18:30AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:10:22 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> said:

> > > I think this is the first time the timing of the merge has been
> > > mentioned in the mailing list?  It's all going to happen in a few
> > > weeks, the big EFL tree merge, a move to git, release of e17, the next
> > > sequel to Duke Nukem - Duke freezes hell?
> > >
> > > Enquiring minds wish to be enlightened.
> >
> > after this 1.7 release we have 3 major things to do:
> >
> > 1. commit and stabilize patches that are pending due to release freeze.
> > 2. merge into single efl tree
>

> The merge into a single efl tree will also involve the move from svn to git?
> /me just wondering. :)

no - not until e17 is out. e17 out - then worry about git. a single tree for
src is more important than flavour of scms. we have enough to do, BUT the merge
is part of preparing for git as we'll split into something like this
(git-repository-wise):

git repositories:

efl (core efl only - libs stuff in 1.7 - probably MINUS e_dbus)
enlightenment (enlightenment tree as u see it now)
tools (expedite, clouseau etc.)
apps (fully baked and usable apps  for "users" - eg terminology)
junk (everything else - stuff may move out of here into e, efl, apps etc. over
time)