On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Brian Wang <brian.wang.0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Eduardo Lima (Etrunko)
> <ebl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Brian Wang <brian.wang.0...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> This is probably a dumb question...
>>> How do I git clone from the git repositories at
>>> http://git.enlightenment.fr without ssh access?
>>>

>> Git is able to clone from http protocol. So just give it the http://
>> url and it will work out its magic.
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> You mean something like this:
> 1.  git clone http://git.enlightenment.fr/vcs/svn/eina.git
>     --> just waits indefinitely
> 2.  git clone http://git.enlightenment.fr/eina.git
>     --> gives "fatal: http://git.enlightenment.fr/eina.git/info/refs
> not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?"
>
> I am not sure about the URL.  Could you give me an example for cloning eina?
>

>> By the way, I created clones of the main libraries on gitorious, which
>> also supports git protocol. At the moment I'm updating the
>> repositories every 5 minutes.
>>
>> http://gitorious.org/enlightenment
>
> I did find your git repos on gitorious.  It just isn't clear if this
> is a repo with your own patches or it is a purely a git-svn updated
> repo from the official svn repo.

The idea of those repositories is always reflect the current SVN
state. So, if I have some work in progress I will push to an alternate
one.

> The French git is mentioned in
> http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=contribute.
> If your gitorious repo is synced with the official svn, it should
> probably be listed on that page too. :-)

There are actually some problem with those repositories in gitorious:

1) It only contains key modules.
2) At the moment, the update is done in a machine at home running a
cron job. The internet is quite reliable, but not assured to be up
100% of the time. So probably would be a good idea to move that job to
some E server. BUT....
3) ...We'll officially migrate to git soon (I hope).

The reason why I created them is that cloning from a http server (like
the french one) is slooooowwww and for that there is already svn. :P

Regards, Etrunko

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima ◤✠◢
ebl...@gmail.com