Dennis.Yxun schrieb:
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have released EFL 1.7 and terminology 0.1, but to reach a broader
>> audience we need binary packages!
>>
>> In order to keep quality and reduce overall pain, I'd try to coordinate
>> this in our mail list with the following ideas:
>>    - don't create multiple PPA/OBS/overlays for the same distribution.
>> Cooperate with others that want to help
>>    - those with official distro packager status could step in and help with
>> their knowledge and rules. Ultimately we want these packages to be used by
>> upstream of Ubuntu, Fedora, Suse, Arch and Gentoo.
>>    - the EFL developers could review build flags (optimizations) and
>> compile options. This would ensure our packages are in good shape.
>>    - everybody could help with QA and test to ensure they work as expected.
>> It would be nice to do some comparison such as benchmark expedite on the
>> same HW with different distros.
>>
>> I'd like to have an updated list of "official" (as per our standards, if
>> possible by distro as well) of EFL 1.7 and Terminology 0.1 packages.
>>
>> If you know of some distro people that would like to help but are not in
>> this list, please share with him. Phoronix and Lwn would BR useful as well.
>>
>> BR,
>> -- Gustavo
>>

>> --
>> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
>> http://profusion.mobi embedded systems
>> --------------------------------------
>> MSN: barbi...@gmail.com
>> Skype: gsbarbieri
>> Mobile: +55 (19) 9225-2202
>
> HI Barbieri:
>   I'd like to help in Gentoo side, if I remember correctly there are
> three e overlay here
> 1) the gentoo's official which create/maintain ? by the gentoo developer
> vapier
> 2) the niifaq overlay, which is the most active, and I use it myself
> 3) also one overlay lay in E's repository?! if I remember correctly
>
> I would be great, if we can merge them all and push to gentoo's official tree
> Thanks
>
> Dennis

I guess, you are a bit behind the development:

1. the main work for the official Gentoo overlay is done by me, Mike
Blumenkrantz does also contribute there.
2. released versions of the core dependencies have already been moved
from the overlay to the main tree for a long time now
3. the overlay in e-svn only contains some additions for the official
Gentoo overlay, it is no full overlay by itself

You can try to get the niifaq maintainers to move their content to the
official Gentoo overlay, if you want to reduce the numbers.

The official Gentoo overlay will stay for now, since it contains live
ebuilds and ebuilds for none-core/not-released components. For the one
in s-svn, you probably have to ask Mike Blumenkrantz, since he is
maintaining that one.

--

Thomas Sachau
Gentoo Linux Developer