On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:03:13 +0200
Sebastian Dransfeld <s...@tango.flipp.net> wrote:

> As ecore is implemented now it should be true, but in theory it can be false
> for large drop objects which needs time to transfer (if I remember
> correctly). If we don't plan to implement this feature maybe it should be
> cleaned up?
>
> Den 18. sep. 2012 kl. 15:20 skrev "Enlightenment SVN"
> <no-re...@enlightenment.org>:
>
> > Log:
> > ignore the completed flag on dnd-finished events since this (SHOULD be)
> > always true; fixes bug where windows could be stuck in a never-ending drag
> > and no longer respond to user input
> >

> > Author:       discomfitor
> > Date:         2012-09-18 06:20:11 -0700 (Tue, 18 Sep 2012)
> > New Revision: 76818
> > Trac:         http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/76818
> >
> > Modified:
> >  trunk/e/src/bin/e_dnd.c

the issue is that we don't provide the events for conversion or whatever. the
FINISHED event is the last possible event that we can receive, so failing to
end the dnd operation here is always a mistake. I do agree that in the future
this should likely be fixed, but for e17 release there's no possibility of this
being the case :/