Hi all,

As you may see I did a torrent of commits to efl single tree in order
to simplify its build and configuration as we discussed in many other
threads.

However the work is far from complete and I need your help: please
walk configure.ac and read the comments left with "TODO". Mostly what
I believe needs lots of improvements:

 - Windows (and other platforms?) handling: while Linux/BSD is mostly
transparent the windows support is widely spread in both configure.ac
and Makefile.am. We better find a way to make it automatic or it will
be insanely painful to maintain. Likely we should create a set of
PLATFORM_LIBS, PLATFORM_CFLAGS... and always include those (instead of
Makefile.am: if HAVE_WINDOWS...

 - Gnutls: do we need to keep the old support? I'd vote to bump
requirement and simplify configure.ac and the usage in eet.

 - Handling of common system functions, headers and compile options.
There is a new set of macros that will take the libname as first
parameter, applying discovered bits to it. However most checks will be
used by more than one library, things like dirfd() or dlopen() are not
exclusive of EINA. Same for compiler flags such as -Wl,--as-needed.
Also it's not clear when these are actually namespaced and how. For
instance dlopen and dirfd shows on config.h as HAVE_DLOPEN and
HAVE_DIRFD.

 - Handling of pkg-config of in-tree libraries. Right now we have some
mistakes that wouldn't let a clean system to build. For instance,
while building eet we PKG_CHECK_MODULES([EET],
[${requirements_pc_deps_eet}]), but requirements_pc_eet="eina >=
1.7.99 ${requirements_pc_eet}"... In other words we're checking eina
>= 1.7.99 from SYSTEM ($PKG_CONFIG_PATH, $PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR).

 - Need for requirements_libs_LIBNAME, requirements_libs_deps_LIBNAME
and requirements_pc_deps_LIBNAME... So easy to forget to set :-/ Maybe
add wrapper functions EFL_PKG_CHECK and similar that will
automatically append to these variables?

Please help! :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems