2012/10/13 Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:09:12 +0900 Bluezery <ohpo...@gmail.com> said:
>
> that's a pretty big patch for a much smaller set of actual work. reading the
> patch took time because of this (i keep having to compere your new functions
> the old which have like 90% of the same stuff - but they are moved around in
> the file thus unchanged bits becoming part of the patch).
>
> question: why do you not clear (all_free) the cache when block count is set?
> if
> someone sets block count to 4 the item cache will at that point be much bigger
> still.. ?
Previously _item_cache_clean() do not free all caches. it just remove
some caches if current cache size exceeds max cache size.
In my patch, because cache size check is done when cache is pushed and
cache size is always below max size, I just remove that.

> question: item_cache_push seems to want to do more now.. so if nocache_once or
> nocache are set you del the vie obj and spacer THEN you go to item clean which
> now tries to delete signal callbacks from a deleted edje object. this isn't
> very
> nice. :) it should at least check if (VIEW(it)) { ..
> edje_object_signal_del... } there and SET it to NULL on deletion... the only
> thing saving you here is evas's deferred deletion (gcing) of deleted objects
> and magic number checking. this is not something you should depend on. it may
> change in future, and then this code would fall apart nicely :)

Yeah, your're right. NULL check of VIEW(it) is needed.

I currently concentrate on code optimization because I think that
genlist's codes are scattered and hard to be modified.

> i fixed the above for you and put in the patch. :) thanks! :)

Thanks very much.
I am fixing map currently and will fix genlist again.
This can be done step by step or big patch. ;)

--
BRs,
Kim.