On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:18:22 -0300 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
>> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:

>>> how about 8 bits?
>>
>> still there right now. havent decided to remove it (yet). :)
>
> iirc, it's used by openinkpot

so what? 16 bits were used by some folks as well. The point is to care
about the common case and simplify things. The other bitdepth makes
the image cache overcomplicated, as everyone that looked at cache
agrees. If we make it 32bits only then we can have simpler and easier
to maintain cache... (Cedric and I added this cache complexity, sorry)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems