Hello,
short update

On 10/25/2012 11:32 AM, Daniel Willmann wrote:
> One issue we're seeing, which seems to be a problem and strain on SVN is
> that if an update fails for some reason (i.e. due to server load)
> buildbot deletes the complete checkout and checks out /trunk from SVN again.
> This doesn't help if the update failed due to high load in the first
> place, but so far we didn't see an option that could help us there.

I have looked into both the SVN server configuration as well as buildbot
and the situation should improve now.

Apache is now running without the deflate module which seems to
significantly reduce the memory footprint of the server (although large
checkouts still consume a considerable amount of memory) which should in
turn improve SVN's response time.
If you notice any problems please shout.

For buildbot I found a partial solution here:
http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2357
This module does not delete the SVN tree if an update fails, so it
should go easy on the server. The problem with this module is that it
does not respect the delay value that has been set. If an update fails
it retries right away. I raised this issue with the buildbot developers,
but I think even in this state it's still better than it was before.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann