I can't tell about others and I've not looked at the cause yet, but I
definitely experience this as well, svn revision 79192.

I tried to manually get rid of ~/.e but same behaviour then, I am
presented with the first-time wizard each time I start e17.

I also noticed that the first-time wizard choices are not taken into
account either, I selected a french kbd and disables compositing, and
I end up with english layout kbd and compositing enabled. So the
configuration loading failure/reset happens between the first-time
wizard and normal e startup.
Also, if I choose 'restart E' from e17 running, no first-time wizard
is presented but all configuration is reset. This is quite annoying.

Cheers
Lionel

P.S. it seems the trac repository changesets timeline got stuck in the past...

http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/timeline?from=11%2F12%2F12&daysback=14&authors=&changeset=on&update=Update

Last changeset visible is on Nov. 2nd...