On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) <ebl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> > 1 - check your fps, if it's a lot, it will render it a lot. Alternatively
> > sync with GL (comp settings)
>
> Yes, it is synchronized, aka 60fps.

also, if gl it will have to swap the whole screen to do the composite
manager's swap buffer.

> > 2 - remove soft shadow, current evas impl will render the same text
> > multiple times at different transparency to get that effect;
> > 3 - remove that annoying scrolling text, make it paged and do the slide
> > effect or transparency between pages... it's bad for cpu and reading the
> > contents anyway
> > 4 - make the text not render under a transparent image (that white one,
> the
> > button, the top shadow)
> > 5 - stop looking at "top", it's a sampling and thus things that runs
> > constantly at top speed will always show high in there (evas runs at top
> > speed for each frame, running lots of time per second will make it show
> > badly at top)
>
> Yeah, my point is that the about dialog could be simplified a lot but
> still showcase what Evas can do.

o'really? :-) that's always the case... but not what raster likes most, so
:-P

it's like the effects we have now: they are not there because they are
nice, it's there because we have that technology and we want to show
that... We had that annoying menu effect in blingbling and black&white, but
we never had a nice effect that would make the menu show from your click
position (be it genie, macos like, or other) because we lacked the
technology. We also can't do popups that are "born" from the owner
window... same reason... and we can't blur the transparency background
(windows vista-like)...

so we do an infinite scrolling with soft shadow text :-P

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems