Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

> [...]
Carsten Haitzler
>> ras...@rasterman.com [3]

or at least
>>> 1.7.2-alpha1

with the exactly same software. That's
>>> the way to avoid problems
like this one, it should never ever happ

>> at point! Wasn't
discomfitor running from stable EFL to avoid these issues? he's runing
from the 1.7 branch - which is what will be 1.7.2... but that

>>> passed

branch isn't enough. he must run from the last
>>> release tarball to be
sure he has exactly the sa
>> sers. If there need to be a fix in EFL
before next alpha, he must firstly release new EFL snapshot or release,
then get E17 on top of that. this is the only way to assure users will
be able to compile. I'm being picky here because we're at alpha4
already, very close to end and these kind of th

>>> quote
style="padding-left: 5px; border-left: #1010ff 2px solid; margin-left:
5px; width: 100%;">

development may introduce some breakages... then I recommend you, the
theme maker, to also run the
>>> same setup. as for make distcheck, I
have no idea... likely he did not run it? How is
>> gin-left: 5px;
width: 100%;">the alpha release procedure going on? Just make distcheck
and it's gold? Asking more folks at #edevelop to give it a try to
tarballs before doing the announcement? Testing with some pristine VM
running standard distros

>>> I'm testing
(post-release) the alphas on a pristine vm just to make sure that the
packages install ok and have no issues. Could help mike with doing this
pre-r
>> l. But I agree, having to ask users to patch by themselves edje
(or run from the svn branch) is not a really good idea. Best regards,
--lf I am doing similar for openSUSE on a clean vm updating, deleting .e
running first time, checking connman then having a quick play around, I
am also running alphas on a old laptop How hard for you to do fedora?

> I can probably download a
Fedora 17 ISO and create a VM sometime in the
> next week or 2
Sleep_Walker got python-efl and econnman building on Fedora
> the other
day, so i can probably test that as well. I still need to look
> into
why the connman module in e17 can't find econnman-bin thats probably

slightly higher up my list, it may be as simple as econnman is
installed
> into /sbin or /usr/sbin and thats not in the path by default
in openSUSE,
> but i haven't quite looked into how it checks. Now i have
a VM building
> from source i will have a look and post to the list when
i have more or
> less of a idea.
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

I have Fedora
RPMS i have not signed them, i created a little repo so i could update
my home machine and my work machine from my builds. I wrote a little
perl script to do the builds (on a Fedora 17 vm) when new elf releases
were done, so i kinda have it easy to make a new build. I do remember
having to edit a few of the SPEC files in the past. I don't think i had
to do anything for the 1.7.1 release. I do have Alpha3 up on the repo
for e17. Here is my repo file. Remember i have not GPG signed these.

cat /etc/yum.repos.d/Enlightenment.repo

[Enlightenment]
name=Enlightenment for Fedora
$releasever
baseurl=http://edmann.com/Enlightenment/repo/Fedora/$releasever
enabled=1
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=0

The
only module i have is engage. If you want more i can work them into my
build script. If this was wrong for me to post i am sure someone can
hide this. I did not pass any special flags during my build, if that is
needed let me know and i will adjust accordingly. If there is other
items you want me to build let me know and i will work it into my build
script.

Thanks.

Links:
------