> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Lucas De Marchi
> <lucas.demar...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > I'm not subscribed to enlightenment-users so I got this forwarded
> > me. Please keep me on CC when responding.
> >

> >> Good Morning,
> >>
> >> Being that the end of the world is just over a month away, I would
> >> like to request that econnman be improved by then.
> >
> > econnman, the python script, is not part of E17 release.
> >

> >> I believe that the network integration is a major part of the
> >> desktop
> >> environment, and relying on 3rd party "distro" config tools,
> >> manual
> >> ifconfigs, or gnome nm-applet etc is (imho) not the proper way to
> >> go
> >> about it.
> >
> > indeed.
> >

> >> Here are the issues I have with current connman / econnman (some
> >> are
> >> bugs, some are feature requests)
> >>
> >> 1. On my laptop hitting "configure" has a tendancy to segfault my
> >> E. I
> >> have no pattern for this. Sometimes it just works fine, sometimes
> >> it
> >> repeatedly segs :(
> >> This does not happen on my work pc (same packages, no wireless)
> >> If nobody else is seeing this, I will try to get some more info /
> >> bt
> >> and whatnot.
> >> (Please note I use up-to-date svn elementary and python bindings)
> >
> > I reproduced this only in the first days of the new connman module
> > and
> > its integration with econnman. I can't reproduce it no more. So,
> > please send more info/bt to get it fixed asap.
> >

> >> 2. Many times when I change the default gateway, it disables my
> >> wireless completely (wtf !)
> >
> > probably a connman/econnman bug... so not really related to connman
> > module in E.
> >

> >> 3. If you enter wrong wifi password, there's no way to undo /
> >> delete /
> >> reenter a new password (breaker, #1766)
> >
> > yep... this is in my/Bruno's todo list. CC'ing him.
> >

> >> 4. Ofono support has been dropped completely ? Or at least there
> >> is no module.
> >> The wiki/documentation on ofono website is a joke / nonexistant.
> >> So how do I connect to 3G ?
> >
> > Plug the dongle. If it's supported by oFono, a "network" ("service"
> > in
> > connman's terminologies)  will appear with a "3G" icon. Click in it
> > connect as for any other service. There's no need for an explicit
> > oFono module.  If we need anything more than connecting (like
> > setting
> > APN and friends), maybe they could be absorbed by connman module.
> >

> >> 5. Need to be able to add static routes (#1639)
> >
> > not in my near term TODO list of features to add.
> >

> >> 6. Need to be able to add vpn (#1639)
> >
> > not in my near term TODO list of features to add.

> [...]

Good afternoon,

I'm terribly sorry about the delay, I've not had much free time to spend on
this.
I mistakenly thought that connman module and the econnman script were
interlinked.

Unfortunately, on the ofono front, when plugging in a zte usb dongle... nothing
happens.
It is theoretically supported. This is the output of list-modems.

[ /zte_0 ]
    Features = sim
    Emergency = 0
    Powered = 1
    Lockdown = 0
    Interfaces = org.ofono.SimManager
    Online = 0
    Model = MF636
    Revision = BD_P673M2V1.0.4B08
    Type = hardware
    Serial = 353924030942001
    Manufacturer = ZTE CORPORATION
    [ org.ofono.SimManager ]
        Retries =
        FixedDialing = 0
        SubscriberNumbers =
        BarredDialing = 0
        LockedPins =
        PinRequired = none
        Present = 1

Please excuse that I don't really know my way around this stuff.
This is a dongle I was lent for testing, with a valid (but creditless) 3g SIM
card.
It could be something I'm doing / have done wrong.

On the "saving wireless" side, econnman does have a "forget network" button.
However this is replaced by "bad password" or similar text when you enter bad
password, so the button is not available.

On the bt side:
I had a crash earlier, but was unable to get a backtrace, since it was being
traced my enlightenment_start.
Having updating all libs / E etc earlier and having only restarted E, maybe the
crash is related to that.
I had no wsod, and with the instructions on the debugging page I had no luck.
Please note I am not a developer so I'm not all too familiar with gdb and it's
usage.

Thanks in advance,