On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 23:17:15 +0530 HariHara Sudhan <h...@emo2.com> said:

> I'm trying to rotate the window by 45 degree, The documentation says its
> possible to rotate angles other than of multiples of 90.
> So exactly what backend and window manager should i use to make window
> rotate at 45 degree.
>
> I currrently have e17 wm and evas with opengl backend.

it is impossible tyo rotate windows in x11 at all. you can't transform input
(note i'm ignoring xevie since its dead). rotation is done internally inside
evas and it rotates its rendering and input handling - but a window is still by
definition a rectangle that is unrotated. so you can't. if you want to rotate
specific objects inside a canvas - that can be done. evas_map does this. it's a
general "texture mapping" thing though allowing rotations, perspective effects
etc. so it may be more complex than you anticipated.