On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 19:22:58 -0200 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Eduardo Lima (Etrunko)
> <ebl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Enlightenment SVN
> > <no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:
> >> Log:
> >> New embryo function: get_program_id
> >>
> >>   It is now you can run programs with names generated dinamically.
> >> Say that you have 10 programs indexed somehow. You can now call
> >> them using the following snippet:
> >>
> >>   script {
> >>      new program_id[15], i;
> >>      for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
> >>         snprintf(program_id, 15, "my_program_%d", i+1);
> >>         run_program(get_program_id(program_id));
> >>      }
> >>   }
> >>

> > By the way, I noticed a bug in Embryo's snprintf. I can specify
> > something like "my_program_%02d" as format string and it will
> > generate as result "my_program_01", "my_program_02", and so on. It
> > will use '0' to the left of the number if it is less than 2 chars
> > long. See test code attached.
>
> sorry if that bite you, but it's a "known issue". If you look at some
> e17 themes or even outside people doing clocks (hint: canola2) there
> are snippets:
>
>  if (x < 10)
>     snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "0%d", x);
> else
>     snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%d", x);
>
> :-/

Er, isn't that the way it's supposed to work?  From man 3 snprintf -

"The value should be zero padded.  For d, i, o, u, x, X, a, A, e,
E, f, F, g, and G conversions, the converted value is padded on the
left with zeros rather than blanks."

so "%02d" means print a number into a space two characters wide, padded
on the left with 0s.  Which is what you are getting.