Hi everyone,

I was just looking at Eina Simple XML which, at first sight seemed a nice
tiny XML library.
However after looking closer, it seems that it is only useful to create
basic XML files, but NOT to read/parse them.

I used the eina_simple_xml_parse function and realized, that this basically
is it, every single step of parsing has to be done manually and it
basically makes no difference if eina_simple_xml is used or not at all.
I then took a look at the example parser in eina_simple_xml_parser_01.c and
realized that, for the same reason, this is a extremely poor parser,
basically worthless (no offense intended).
Actually it is so poor, it is not even a simple XML parser because all it
does is check if the input looks somewhat similar to XML.

I realize, that this is not meant to be a full featured parser or even a
basic parser, but seeing as it is hardly a parser at all, I can't see the
point of having it (as an example).

On the other hand, simple xml does have the concept of nodes using eina
inlists and such, but they seem to be usable only for creating xml, not
reading it.

So my question is: Am I missing something here?

Here's a modified/broken chat.xml file to be parsed by the example code to
show how poorly it does: http://bpaste.net/show/65296/
If there's no better way to do it, I'd suggest to make this explicit in the
docs/examples and/or remove the example.

Regards

--
thomasg