On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <
barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Enlightenment SVN <
> no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:
>
>> Log:
>> work around edbus issues by forcing the mainloop to run at least one
>>   cycle with some dummy things... in ipc launch mode.
>>

> what's up with edbus/efreet? Do you have a scenario of what is happening?
> It shouldn't do much, but since parts of it is done by libdbus (atm) it may
> happen and we can find a better work around?

Ah, and the recommended approach when using dbus to do IPC is to follow all
the async protocol rules. The best way is:

1 - request to be the NameOwner (no queue option)
2 - if granted, be the server -- normal run;
3 - if denied, send command to the server and wait reply
4 - on reply, you exit and may print error if server replies with one.

I believe Eve does that, check
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/browser/trunk/eve/src/bin/main.c

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri