On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 16:30:21 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 15:16:13 +0900 Jérôme Pinot <ngc...@gmail.com>
> said:
>
> > On 01/01/13 15:02, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > but there definitely will bee no support for expansion of it
> >
> > This stings, really.
>
> no one said 2.0 is happening soon. it's a long ways off yet. my
> intent is to have 1.x for at lest 5 years from 1.0. gustavo pushed
> for 2.0 asap. break early, break often. i disagree. eo is a path TO
> 2.0 i guess and it slides in early and gives us a long time to beat
> things into shape.

So that will be 1.x for at least five years, meaning we start 2.0 in
2018, with 18 years of development (since 0.17 took 17 years, I figured
0.18 will take 18).  That means a release date in 2036?  Lets allow a
couple of years for safety, and we can have the next major release on
19 January 2038, the nearest major End of The World.  B-)