I tried an update from SVN just now, using the merged EFL tree.  I got
this -

<snipped a lot>

configure: Start Eeze checks
configure: error: pkg-config missing mount >= 2.20.0

and yet -

# mount --version
mount from util-linux 2.20.1 (with libblkid and selinux support)

Hmmm, something not right there.  Ubuntu 12.04 does not provide any .pc
files for util-linux, and there's no matching -dev package.  Soooo, why
is pkg-config looking for that, and failing to see that I have an
adequate version?