On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 08:34:55AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 01:42:43 +1000 David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 16:33:03 +0100 Albin Tonnerre
> > <albin.tonne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Just curious - what was the particular change that required the config
> > > to get wiped?
> >
> > Also just curious, isn't it one of the design features of eet that you
> > can easily track what changes between versions of the files using it?
> > No need to wipe.  Just write simple code to upgrade old config files
> > when you read them.  That's how I'm using it in my projects.  I guess
> > things are different with the e17 config stuff?
>
> eet has no such feature. eet is a data structure serialiser/de-serialiser plus
> image codec plus key-value file container handler. thats it. the rest is built
> on top in "your code"
>
> this was done not because we added 3 new items and want to merge the new
> values
> in. i want ALL the config values set back to a default "sane state". for
> people
> who have used e17 before and for many who have complained "i get problem X" or
> "y happens" the solution has been to change the default config to, by default,
> avoid the issue - eg it's a gfx driver issue and so it works for some, and not
> for others, and thus it has a checkbox. the point was to "go back to baseline"
> for everyone, to alleviate the "well it works for me" thing (because "me" has
> some option set setup by default - e17's default, and the other has old crufty
> config with a totally different setup and they havent CONSCIOUSLY changed it
> within recent memory or every but just happen to be vastly different).

FWIW: every time I got some weird problem nobody was able to see, I just
installed default config and tried it again with default (or rather
default mobile).

Just saying it's not hard for reporter to check if the problem is there
also with default config.

Cheers,

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com