On Wednesday, January 16, 2013, Cedric BAIL wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 16, 2013, Enlightenment SVN wrote:
> >
> >>                    Eina_Bool async_unref;
> >> +                 Evas_Font_Array_Data *fad;
> >>
> >>                    texts = malloc(sizeof(*texts));
> >> -                  texts->array =
> >> eina_inarray_new(sizeof(Evas_Font_Array_Data),
> >> -                                                  32);
> >> +                  texts->array =
> >> eina_inarray_new(sizeof(Evas_Font_Array_Data), 1); /* FIXME: Wasting 1
> int
> >> here */
> >

> > You mean 1 int per array because of inarray usage/bookkeeping?
>
> Yes.

Based on what? If that's just psychological just don't. The text grid is
already doing a bad job as I told in previous email. It's not a single int
that will make situation drastically bad or good. If you stop to check the
code you'll see that it does useless copies and translations, it will apply
cutouts for every char, etc. IMO it needs to be rewritten and a proper
engine call to implement it. That's the only way to be very fast and lean.

Again, as much as "every little improvement is worth", the int and even
replacing push/grow won't help you much compared to proper text grid. It's
more making your mind calm :-D

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems