I can confirm the suspend problem and the new window desktop focus.

The systray module produces different results for me. Some icons are
whatever the program has put there. Others appear to be replaced with icons
and menus that e creates. And a third group has both the app supplied icon,
and the e replacement one (network manager falls into this category)