On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:16:50 +0100 Guillaume Friloux
<guillaume.fril...@asp64.com> wrote:

> Mail resent, first one doesnt seem to find its way.
>
> On 18/01/2013 15:49, Ulisses Furquim wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This kind of attitude is just weird to me. People are free to do
> > what they want, sure, but this is so childish. :-/ And we were in
> > the middle of a conversation on IRC. We should be discussing more
> > and reaching agreement.
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > -- Ulisses
> >
> I disagree, i have been agueing multiple times in the past, where no
> agreement where found.

I've not been seeing much of your discussion.  Perhaps you are having
your discussions in IRC, and I'm having mine in the mailing list?

> I strongly disagree with the fact of forcing to have versions that
> are higher to what is package on some of the most popular distros.

I'm always arguing that as well.  Sometimes it helps and things are
sorted out, like was very recently done in commit 82980 an hour ago.
If people can come up with working alternatives that mean we can stick
with older still supported versions of popular distros, then they tend
to get used.

> I strongly disagree with the fact of removing working code.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but it's all stored in SVN history.  I
probably should not comment on this one, since I don't know what you
are referring to.

> I strongly disagree with the fact of forcing to have GUI libs to
> build just eina/eet/ecore/eio.

I understand there are plans to have a "server / non gui" profile for
exactly such cases.  I'm writing purely server side code myself, so I
want it.  I'm also working on embedded devices where it's rather
important to minimize what's on the device, and there is a (hopefully)
suitable "embedded" profile in the plans I think.

I'm adopting a wait and see stance on these instead of throwing in the
towel, to see what actually happens, to put in my views when I think
it's needed, and to help out where I can.

> Nothing is going to change.

Everything is changing, and we do get to have our input into those
changes.  If you just walk away, your voice will not be heard.

There are some parts of EFL that are crap based on crap ideas, but it's
the best crap we got, other peoples crap is far worse.