Tom Hacohen <tom.haco...@samsung.com> writes:

> You only removed code, are you sure we still init everything after your
> changes?
>
> (Sorry, I don't have time to take a look yet).

I've tried both expedite and loading a few web pages with different
fonts and everything works fine -- the other libraries I mentioned do
not explicitly call FcInit() either; our calls to FcSubstitute() & co.
take care of ultimately calling FcConfigGetCurrent(), which performs the
rest of the initialization [1].

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/fontconfig/tree/src/fccfg.c#n37

In any case, it's fine to keep the FcInit() call if you really want to
be extra safe.