On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.demar...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Our current build system is currently in a bad state and there was no
>> improvements in the past week. So here is I think a TODO that everyone
>> will agree with.
>>
>> - siginfo is not a portable API. There was a test and proper #if in
>> 1.7, we should bring them back.
>
> it's better if you share what's your problem - that's in what
> architecture? in 884c31df411755d4ee86683f184b7bf3b0ce2ec0 you
> basically reverted the commit removing these checks without providing
> much info on what exactly is the issue.
>
> What we had before was basically papering over the issue. Now we are
> doing it again.

Problem is easy, only Unix are using signal to detect corrupted file
when mmaped. This is not going to be portable. Choice are to #ifdef
out that code and add proper handling for other architecture in
eina_file and eina_mmap or try to emulate signal to handle that case
on other architecture. I feel like emulating signal is much more crazy
and worth than having #ifdef in eina. So yes, I reverted that change,
because it doesn't make any sense to try to emulate signal on non Unix
platform for this case.
--
Cedric BAIL