On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 01:53:49PM +0800, P Purkayastha wrote:
> On 05/25/2013 10:31 AM, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > How can I set a notebook keyboard to US INTL (English with dead keys)
> > with enlightenment-0.17.3 (on ~amd64 gentoo)?
> >
> > In the "Keyboard Settings" dialog I had a "us (default, basic)"
> > configuration with the "Generic 105-key (intl) PC (pc105)" model, but
> > dead keys are not working.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > Romildo
>
> Is that a variant of the "us (default)"? In that case, this keyboard
> setting has been broken for nearly a year. Variants don't work.

Yes, it is a variant of the "us (default)" layout.

For other desktop environments/window managers, I have the following in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-keyboard.conf:

  Section "InputClass"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Identifier      "system-setup-keyboard"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105,abnt2,microsoftmult"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,br,br"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "intl,,"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:shift_caps_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
        #Option         "XkbOptions"    "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,"
  EndSection

Is there an entry in the bug tracker for this bug?

Is there any hope it is fixed soon?

Romildo