On Thursday 30 May 2013  11:43, Carsten Haitzler wrote :
> On Wed, 29 May 2013 19:07:33 -0500 Doug Newgard <scimmi...@outlook.com> said:
>
> > I  helped figure out what was going on when the bug reporter came on IRC
> > trying to figure out why his build failed. There was no pkgconfig file on
> > his
> > system, as you can see by his configure log: "checking whether PNG image
> > loader will be built... no".  That's why the question is being asked here,
> > should the configure script fail without libpng or should it disable certain
> > things that depend on libpng?
>
> as per my reply - it should, unless explicitly --disabled. same for jpeg, gif
> and tiff.

just to be sure
both options should be implemented ?
 - want_evas_image_loader_png=yes|static => crashes if not found
   (now all loaders crashes only if "yes" and not found)
 - want_evas_image_loader_png=no => build anyway
   thus add if HAVE_LOADER_PNG … endif in emotion_test, ethumb emotion
   module and edje examples
same for jpeg, gif, and tiff

> > > Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:55:33 +0900
> > > From: ras...@rasterman.com
> > > To: enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> > > CC: scimmi...@outlook.com
> > > Subject: Re: [E-devel] compilation fail without png support

> > > i thought it did but the header was missing? i thought we made png, jpeg,
> > > tiff, gif mandatory (unless --disabled)?

> > > --
> > > ------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
> > > The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler) ras...@rasterman.com

> The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    ras...@rasterman.com