On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:42:22 +0100 Stefan Schmidt <s.schm...@samsung.com>
> said:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > On 07/03/2013 11:48 AM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > >
> > > If you want to have a look and help us fixing bugs or marking things as
> > > false positive please register at scan.coverity.com and request access
> > > to these projects. Daniel or myself can then approve your access and
> you
> > > can have a look.
> > >
> > > efl: http://scan.coverity.com/projects/552
> > > elm: http://scan.coverity.com/projects/553
> > > e:   http://scan.coverity.com/projects/554
> >
> > Some numbers:
> >
> > EFL: 521,687 lines of code and an initial set of 559 defects results in
> > a defect density of 1.07. 1.0 is what they rate as industry standard and
> > means 1 defect in thousand lines of code.
> >
> > Elm has 210,048 but only 77 initial defects resulting in a way lower
> > defect density of 0.37.
> >
> > E is a middleground with 273,355 lines of code and 205 initial defects
> > resulting in a defect density of 0.75.
> >
> > All in all that looks quite ok to me. I suspect some false positives in
> > efl especially in the way we use eina_list and hash and take care about
> > resource free'ing.
> >
> > regards
> > Stefan Schmidt
>
> i'd say that pretty damned good... considering. i think we may be a bit
> harsh
> on ourselves at times...
>
> BUT WE SHOULD BE! industry average is not good enough! :) m(elm is
> surprising
> btw! - same with e. i would have expected efl is better).

that confirms that coverity tool is clearly bogus AND elm has too much
lines of code in it (that does nothing, like 5 lines per callback function,
or more  such as static\nname_cb(void *data)\n{\nNameType *t;\n t =
data;\n...\n}\n) :-D

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems