On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:07:30 +0900 "Sung W. Park" <sung...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> Looks really nice hermet! :)
>>
>> what's wrong with 'enventor'???  it totally makes sense you know, like all
>> the other names.  i'm surprised that terminology wasn't name eterminology
>> ;-)
>
> espion, evas, edje, eet, ecore, elementary, efl, eina, enna, entrance, eterm,
> exactness, enlightenment, entice, ephoto, elev8, ecrire, enjoy, emotion,
> embryo, efreet, eio, eldbus, ephysics, expedite, ... just to name a few... too
> many e things with too little idea of which does what.
>
> i chose enlightenment as a word.. because it invoked an idea. a feeling. it
> wasn't an excuse to just call everything "e*". this is like the "wm" naming i
> was trying to break from. everything was twm, fvm, ctwm, olvwm, mwm etc...
> because people had no imagination to come up with something more "emotive".
>
> "inventor" is great name on its own. its simple and clear. no need to hack at
> it by replacing the i with an e and create yet more stuff starting with e that
> people find it hard to pick apart. break away! choose words that have a
> meaning. that bring up images/feelings that convey a message. inventor is
> already great! :)

However, a name should be somewhat unique I think. Call it inventor
and nobody will be able to google it.
The next problem here is, that calling it inventor is highly likely a
trademark problem, because there is a commercial, widely used software
called "Inventor" (it's a CAD software, but that's close enough to be
in conflict).

Anyway, I like Enventor - it's very clearly derived from inventor and
thus just as clear, but it is also unique.